The Maine Youth Justice Campaign (MYJ) at Maine Initiatives is working to close Long Creek, Maine Youth’s Prison, and use the money spent to sustain that facility to create safer and stronger communities by investing in a continuum of community-based alternatives to incarceration for youth where all of Maine’s young people can thrive. The Campaign Project Manager will oversee the big picture and daily operation of the Campaign. An ideal candidate has prior campaign and project management experience, is collaborative, focused, driven, extremely organized, detail oriented, and skilled at managing a team.
Primary Characteristics Desired:
- Personal values align with MYJ’s ’s mission and values
- Outgoing and positive
- Driven, focused, goal-oriented, and able to prioritize
- Able to lead and work independently, while following the overall campaign vision
- Extremely organized and professional
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a busy and informal work environment
- Prior experience managing and motivating a team, through both opportunities and challenges
- Computer and smartphone literacy and ability with work in the following program and social media: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Drive and Documents, mailchimp, facebook, instagram, twitter.
- Adaptable to diverse identities and environments
- Grant writing and private donor development skills
- Proven fundraising track record
- Experience and confidence with media and press interaction
- Experience collaborating with and mobilizing young people
- Fiscal management experience/accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Using the strategy plan laid out by the Campaign Leadership Team, the Campaign Project Manager will coordinate the entire campaign project by directly executing actions or ensuring that the campaign team does. The campaign team is composed of 4+ members. Specifically: Advocacy Director, Community Outreach Coordinator, Youth Organizers.
- Oversee all aspects of the campaign including day-to-day operations, management of staff and campaign advisory council and communication with the campaign executive table.
Coordination and implementation of the fundraising operations.
- Responsible for creating and managing the campaign budget and database.
- Work with specific constituency groups to organize their involvement with the campaign.
- Cultivate relationships with the press, set up interviews and identify media opportunities for the campaign.
- Help write and develop campaign literature, website, social media, messaging and branding in partnership with Youth First TA.
- Responsible for raising the money that will allow the campaign to accomplish its goals.
- Work collaboratively, creatively and vigilantly with MIO Development Director and Maine Initiatives Executive Director to ensure all deadlines regarding donor relations are met.
- Oversee the financial and accounting aspects of the campaign.
- Monitor all contributions, maintain financial records and responsible for compliance with the relevant rules and regulations.
Full time salary commensurate with experience; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; mileage reimbursement and health care stipend.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org